- Qualifying Areas: All of the Chesapeake Bay and its tributaries as permitted by the Maryland Department of Natural Resources.
- Eligible Fish: Rockfish (1 Rockfish per person) Not My Child’s Committee will NOT be tracking which angler on your boat catches the team fish (if one angler catches all the fish, that is the team’s choice), but you are NOT allowed more than one fish per person on your boat. These same rules apply to charter boats as well.
- Captains must be at least 18 years old.
- All Anglers must be registered before fishing.
- a. Only persons listed on the official registration form are considered anglers who are eligible to participate.
- b. Captains and mates are also subject to this rule.
- c. Anglers list may be adjusted up to the Captain’s meeting on September 5, 2023.
- There is no minimum boat size.
- Insurance information must be provided for the boat being used in the tournament.
- Boat Captains must attend a mandatory Captains’ Meeting on Tuesday, September 5, 2023 at 6:00 pm at Red Eye’s Dock Bar in Grasonville, MD. If a Captain cannot attend the meeting, he/she must send an authorized representative.
It is up to each Captain and anglers to know MD DNR and Coast Guard 2023 Rules and Regulations. Do not ask committee members for legal advice regarding any applicable rule, statute, law or ordinance. Committee is not responsible for any legal infraction committed by any anglers, guest and/or captain.
- All fish must be caught hook and line.
- Chumming, live bait and/or use of eels is permitted. All legal hook and line fishing methods are permitted.
IGFA all-tackle rules apply.
- Any side betting outside of the tournament’s official rules is not the responsibility of the Not My Child.
- Prize money will be awarded within 30 days of the event unless the tournament winners are contested.
- All winners will be required to complete a W9 in order to receive any prize money.
- Fish must be brought to Red Eye’s Dock Bar before the 3:00pm weigh-in starts.
- The registered Captain will be the only one allowed into weigh-in area to check in fish.
- Winners: 3 fish stringer/tie split.
- Fishing Hours: No lines in before 6am.
- No Gaffing. No Culling.
- Weather: The Tournament Committee reserves the right to cancel and move to the rain date on Sunday (9/10/23) due to unfishable weather conditions.
- Mechanical Breakdown: Your boat’s condition, electronics and efficiency are equally as important as your fishing skills. All boats/teams are responsible for getting their fish to the weigh-in station, even if towed, aboard another tournament boat or a back-up boat is used.(If a back up boat is used, the boat name must be called in).
- Refund Policy: There is no refund on paid entries.
- Entries limited to 100 boats/captains.
- The Tournament Committee reserves the right to refuse entry to any person or team.
- Any fish entered in the tournament is subject to disqualification if the judges decide it bears suspicious marks or characteristics. All decisions by judges are final.
- Safety: All participants and guests of participants are responsible for their own personal safety and security of their personal property and assume any and all risks to their personal safety and well-being.